Wednesday, February 4, 2009

BUBBA GUMP SHRIMP & CO, THE CURVE


This was our second visit to the Bubba Gump Shrimp Restaurant located at The Curve. I'm not actually a shrimp buff myself, so during our maiden visit there, I opted for a salmon dish and it was a disaster. My wife had better luck though, she went for the shrimps and they were served in a bucketful.

So for our return trip to this all-American diner, I vowed to try the shrimps, but as I looked at the menu my eyes wandered to the magic word - hamburger. Now, before you say anything, hamburger never have ham or pork in it, even if you are in the States, it is still beef. Bubba Gump's hamburger promises to be a classic, charbroiled, good ol' American burger and thus it did not disappoint. Large and juicy, the burger will satisfy your craving and its charbroiled aroma will grab your senses rightaway.

My wife went for the crustaceans again, and this time she ordered the Shrimp New Orleans, an "authenthic spicy recipe from our staff in the French Quarter featuring lots of shrimp sauteed in butter, garlic, and spices with jasmine rice." I've never been to New Orleans, but this dish will knock you out. Lip-smacking juicy and sinfully rich in taste, you will be asking for more of this large-sized shrimps. Do not worry though, Bubba's portion can be considered big for the Malaysian palate (or waistline, in my case).


My mother-in-law had the cheekily named "I'm stuffed!" shrimp which was largeshrimp stuffed with crab, baked in garlic butter and topped with Monterey Jack Cheese. Served with Jasmine Rice. This was also a knockout, even a non-shrimp man like me was converted to a shrimp lover in the end. It wasn't just the shrimps, but the way they drip in butter and cheese, rolling in the gravy, will entice you to grab one and put it in your mouth.. Just superb.

My nephew had the kid's fish and chips menu, and it was served in a paper boat which you can take home. It was a nice touch and the so-called kid's portion was large enough to feed an adult.
We would definitely recommend you to try the many varieties of shrimp dishes at Bubba, you won't be disappointed. Ignore the salmon but the burger's all right. Great taste in a great atmosphere and served by a friendly staff, Bubba Gump has the all hallmarks of a real American diner.



.

No comments:

Post a Comment